My sins I hate; God's grace I love

     Someone said, I believe it was Sproul, that the closer we draw to God, the more sinful we see ourselves. It is true. It makes sense, doesn't it? God is holy and perfect, we are not. We are holy and righteous in that we have the imputed righteousness of Christ, i.e., God has written down on our heavenly account, so to speak, that we are right with Him through faith in His Son. Imputed righteousness is as good as literally being righteous in the eyes of our heavenly Father. I'll take it. His righteousness has become our righteousness.

    I sin, you sin, all God's children sin. Proverbs 7:20 says, "There is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins." Romans 7:24-8:4 makes it plain that though we continue to sin, the finished work of Christ has made us righteous. We are not under law but under grace. And while in my flesh there dwells nothing good, in my inner man I am alive, born of the Spirit, and that which is born of God cannot sin. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him, and he cannot keep on sinning because he has been born of God. (1 Jn. 3:9 ESV). We are, beloved, born of God in our inner man, not our flesh. Amazing. Isn't it?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exposing the destructive heresies of the New Apostolic Reformation Movement: Part 1

While the Church Slept.